Re: Acciaccaturas with beams have no slash

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: Acciaccaturas with beams have no slash
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:20:28 +0100

Trevor Daniels wrote:

>> In either case, is there an accepted 'best' method of adding
>> a slash now, should the user wish to have one?

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Since the general intention of LilyPond is to support many different
notation conventions (at least by tweaking some properties), I would
classify this as a missing feature. As far as I can recall, the workarounds
that have been posted on the mailing list require some trial and error
to get the correct layout, so they don't seem appropriate for inclusion
in the manual. An example in LSR, on the other hand, wouldn't hurt.

Since I'm not familiar with appoggiaturas/acciacaturas in any way, I'm not sure if this is is relevant for the topic. But a while ago I posted a scheme function which allows adding slashes to note stems, see here:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-04/msg00422.html

It's a rather generic function with a number of parameters that can be tweaked so as to achieve precisely the kind of slash the user desires. Maybe this can be useful for what you want (or maybe I completely misunderstood the topic). It may require cleanup or adaption before it is added to LSR, though, so you are welcome to improve it. But perhaps it's a start.

Max