\setTextCresc automatically reverted at \! ?

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: \setTextCresc automatically reverted at \! ?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:06:57 +0100

I'm using current git, and it seems like \setTextCresc is now automatically
reverted to hairpin crescendi at the \!... As an example:

\relative c'' {
    \setTextCresc c4\< c c\!\< c\! |
}

produces the attached output, where the second crescendo is a hairpin
crescendo. If this is intended, then the Notation Reference
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Dynamics.html#Dynamics
 )
should be changed, because it still says:
"You can use text saying cresc., decr., or dim. instead of hairpins with the
commands \setTextCresc, \setTextDim, and \setTextDecresc. The corresponding
\setHairpinCresc, \setHairpinDim, and \setHairpinDecresc will revert to
hairpins again:"

The other issue I found is with the internal reference:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/CrescendoEvent#CrescendoEvent

This page gives \rc (which does not even exist!) as the ending tag for
crescendi, and lists \cr as the default to be used. Shouldn't it rather give
\< and \! in the syntax and \cr, \cresc and \endcresc as alternatives?
Furthermore, \cresc apparently uses prefix notation, so that
         c4\cresc c\endcresc c c
will have the "cresc." spanner from the second to the third, not from the
first to the second note! So, it's not really an alternative to \< or \cr.

Cheers,
Reinhold