Re: Doc addition - make-pango-font-tree

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Doc addition - make-pango-font-tree
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 17:32:05 +0200

On 07/02/2008, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> 2008/2/7, Mats Bengtsson :
> > Keeping the description at a cookbook level, as you propose, is one
> > alternative.

Probably the worst one. :-) But a good conversation starter, I hope.

> > Another alternative is to describe more clearly what the different
> > parameters actually mean.

That would be better.

>  - the myStaffSize was an attempt at explaining this.

At least a good start. Without that I would have been completely lost.
I changed that but because the scaling factor had the same value as
the \myStaffSize I reasoned that I would have to change that too. Only
when I read Eyolfs email I understood that the scaling factor 20
should be left untouched. At least some kind of explanation about the
different values would be useful.

> > Also, do we really need this silly scaling by 20 for the last parameter?
> > Even better, couldn't we get rid of that parameters completely, and make a
> > function that figures out the staff size setting in the current module?
>
> This is a good idea.

Second that. The most convenient way for a normal user.

-Risto