Re: [patch] first-clef property

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: [patch] first-clef property
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 21:06:13 +0200

Nicolas Sceaux schrieb:

Le 7 févr. 08 à 02:49, Han-Wen Nienhuys a écrit :

Since the incipit is a completely
different piece of notation (eg. whose spacing and beat counting
should not influence the main music), this should be implemented
similiar to the hack with a \score inside the instrument name.

I think the best approach is to figure out what the problems with that
approach are, and try to solve those.

Indeed, I've been convinced by Juergen, so that's what I'm trying to
do.

I have a question.
So far, I've written an incipit engraver, which behaves just like
the instrument name engraver, except for the first system where
the incipit may be printed with the instrument name. Should there
be an incipit engraver, specializing the instrument engraver (or
a common base class), or should I add this feature right into the
instrument name engraver?

I'm asking because the impact on the user is different:
 - in the former case, one would have to use a function (eg \incipit)
to define the incipit + remove the instrument name engraver + add
the incipit engraver;
Wouldn't it be possible to define an independend engraver that goes
between instrument name engraver and staff? This feels somewhat
more like a "real" solution instead of just a hack.
I know I mentioned this already in another thread earlier and
I really have no idea about the possibilities how to implement that,
but if the whole lilypond idea is about logical input, it feels
only like a temporary solution to mingle two different things.

Greetings
Till
 - in the later case, one just have to define the incipit with the
dedicated music function.

nicolas