Re: info documentation with images?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: info documentation with images?
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:20:44 +0100

Le dimanche 03 février 2008 à 12:05 +0100, John Mandereau a écrit :
> Le jeudi 31 janvier 2008 à 17:59 +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen a écrit :
> > David Kastrup writes:
> >
> > > Actually, current documentation.  I think it is close to impossible for
> > > the average developer/user to guess that he is supposed to say
> > >
> > > make doc info out=www
> > >
> > > I don't think I am alone in being completely flustered by this
> > > non-information: the standard Debian info packages don't come with
> > > images, either.

> I rather suggest putting .info* files in /usr/[local/]share/info/, and
> images in a lilypond/ subdirectory.

> the Info files would
> always be installed in the same location, whether they have images or
> not.  May I go ahead with this?

Done in Git master.  There is only one thing that I don't like in this
new setup: we must specify lilypond/ subdir for each info image, which
requires some trickery at three levels (makefile, lilypond-book and
Texinfo macros).  We should certainly send patches and/or feature
requests to Emacs and Texinfo hackers, asking for example that Emacs
Info browser reads a variable "ImagesSearchPath" in Info file to look
for images.  BTW something similar is already described almost at top of
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/texinfo/texinfo/TODO?revision=HEAD

Please complain about building problems, and please test the new Info
docs installation setup if you can, as I changed makefiles
significantly.

Best,
John