Re: Incipits

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Incipits
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:07:40 -0200

Sorry for looking at this so late.

General comments:

- you're adding an enormous bunch of code to the instrument name
engraver. That's a bad idea. If this idea merits an engraver, it
should be a separate one.

- the rootSystem stuff should not be necessary; if they're nowhere
else, grobs are always added to the root system.

- it is unusual and unlogical to have a music-valued context property.
 Does incipitMusic ever change over the course of the music?

- If I'm reading this correctly, this is all a grand hack to add a
little staff to an instrument name.   I don't see the essential
difference between this and

  \set instrumentName = \markup { \score { .. } the-real-name }

except that this is longer, more error prone and less flexible. Again,
what problem are you trying to solve?