Re: Should \relative be the default for musicxml2ly

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Should \relative be the default for musicxml2ly
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:20:33 -0500

>>>>> "Mats" == Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

    Mats> Definitely relative!

I don't feel strongly, but the other converters (midi2ly, abc2ly,
etf2ly...) all use absolute pitches.  And using relative definitely
makes it necessary to be careful about taking an exerpt out of
context, which is often what you want to do next when you've converted
something.

As long as both options are available, I suppose it doesn't matter
much.  I assume most of us who actually type lily are using relative
pitches, as they're easier to both read and type.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139