Re: [patch] X-aligned instrument names

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: [patch] X-aligned instrument names
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:52:35 +0100

Le 11 févr. 08 à 02:41, Han-Wen Nienhuys a écrit :

Sounds like a good idea.  You could do the same with the other lines,
if you would assume that there was a 'virtual' indent (don't change
the line dimensions, but assume there is a global given space to align
names with)

Ok. Should I define a new layout property for that? Maybe the best
would be to have it computed: for the other lines, the virtual indent
is the length of the larger short instrument name. (But then I have no
idea how that could be done).

+         Real right_padding = padding * (1.0 - ((align_x + 1.0) / 2.0));

this looks as if you're looking for the linear_combination function

ok.

+         Stencil right_stencil (right_box, ly_string2scm (""));
+         right_stencil.translate_axis (p_extent[RIGHT], X_AXIS);

why don't you create a stencil with a modified dimesions and the same
expression? Adding a bogus ("") seems unnecessary.

I thought about that this morning while driving to work.

nicolas