Re: convert-ly fails on 2.11.40

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: convert-ly fails on 2.11.40
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:47:36 +0100

Op dinsdag 19 februari 2008, schreef John Mandereau:
> Oops, my bad, I forgot to check that convert-ly used error_file from
> convertrules.  Fixed in Git.

Great, thanks!

BTW: it is undocumented that convert-ly can read stdin (and write stdout). If
given a --from version, convert-ly reads succesfully from stdin. But if not
given a --from version, the guessing function tries to read the file as well,
but does not reckon with stdin (`-' filename).

It would be nice if reading from stdin would also be supported by the guess
function (the file is read into memory anyway).

good stdin/stdout/stderr functionality is nice for integrating convert-ly in
editing environments (which I'm doing for LilyKDE).

thanks, best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl/