Re: GDP? bug in tutorial, Windows section

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP? bug in tutorial, Windows section
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:10:16 -0800

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:29:45 +0200
Till Rettig <address@hidden> wrote:

> Mats Bengtsson schrieb:
> > Perhaps you are mixing two different things. If you double-click
> > the LilyPond icon on the desktop, then the editor is opened, with
> > the small template file containing a greeting message and a scale.
> > If, instead, you double-click on a .ly file, then that file is
> > processed. To edit an existing file, right-click on the file and
> > choose Edit. This will still use the very rudimentary LilyPad
> > editor, though.
> Yes, I was first also thinking there was some misunderstanding, but
> if you read the phrase it is quite unclear:
>
> To edit an existing .ly file, right-click on it and select ___Edit
> source___. To get an empty file to start from, run the editor as
> described above and use ___New___ in the ___File___ menu, or
> right-click on the desktop and select ___New..Text Document___,
> change its name to a name of your choice and change the file
> extension to |.ly|. Double-click the icon to type in your LilyPond
> source code as before.
>
> The las sentence is just not needed, because it is the same as the
> second sentence in this paragraph. I think the last sentence really
> means how to process the file, not how to open it.

I'm reluctant to modify instructions for an operating system and
application which I have never used.

Mats, feel free to modify this paragraph/sentence/whatever as needed.
Trevor, feel free to propose exact new text.  Till, if you use Windows,
go ahead an tell me exactly what to do, but don't say "I think".  :)

Whoever responds first will get their change implemented.