Re: Program usage, three issues

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Program usage, three issues
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:47:16 +0200

Le mercredi 02 avril 2008 à 15:46 -0300, Han-Wen Nienhuys a écrit :
> 2008/4/2, Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
> >  [tex / ps output and '-' input]

> The '-' for stdin was a nice idea, but I haven't ever heard anyone use
> it, and it complicates file name handling.  I vote for scrapping it.

'-' for stdin works if an output file name is specified with -o.  It
could be a bit more useful if it could be used to send several ly scores
to be compiled one by one (i.e. each score would be compiled as soon as
EOF is caught, and two EOFs would close stdin reading) through a pipe.
I'm not volunteering to implement this in the near future (less than 4
months) though, and I don't mind at all if you scrap current '-'
handling.

Cheers,
John