Re: lsr snippet compile problem

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: lsr snippet compile problem
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:35:24 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
> Argh, I just noticed why.  The rules for escaping snippet
> descriptions aren't applied to the new "doctitle" field.

Yes, I forgot to insert '\' and '"' escaping in doctitle in the patch I
sent Seba.  I don't know (and I'm currently too busy to figure it out)
how to run LSR myself, so I couldn't test the patch myself, so it not
surprisingly introduced a couple of bugs in LSR output, one bug has
already been solved, but this one hasn't.

I already fixed a double-quote escaping in "Caesura (\"railtracks\")
with fermata", but I was mistaken when I thought 'make web' would
rebuild correctly all changed snippets in input/lsr, so I didn't catch
everything.  I added a dependency on *.ly in input/lsr/GNUmakefile,
which partly solves the problem; generally, I wonder if it's worth
handling docs dependencies with extreme care, so we can rely on
non-clean builds for testing doc changes.

> Seba, could you modify the lilypond output so that it escapes "
> chars in the doctitle?

Seba, could you also add conversion from ';' to '-' in output file
names?  Thanks in advance!

Sorry for not having warned everyone earlier about this escaping
problem, but I'm quite burned out with LilyPond contribution these days,
with a bunch of email replies to be sent and TODOs in the docs -- please
be patient :)

Cheers,
John