failure building docs with version.itexi

From: Graham Percival
Subject: failure building docs with version.itexi
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:26:05 -0700

Attempting to build the docs on the GDP server fails in
  Documentation/topdocs/
on version.itexi.  I can't reproduce this on my OSX laptop; did
something change between texinfo 4.11 (my laptop) and the
pre-release texinfo 4.12 on GDP?

I'm not certain whether I should be asking Reinhold or John about this,
so I figured I'd send it here and let whoever responds first handle
it.  :)

make web
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/lilypond/lilypond/Documentation/topdocs'
/home/lilypond/lilypond/stepmake/stepmake/texinfo-rules.make:24:
warning: overriding commands for target
`out-www/.info-images-dir.dep'
/home/lilypond/lilypond/stepmake/stepmake/texinfo-rules.make:24:
warning: ignoring old commands for target
`out-www/.info-images-dir.dep'
LANG= makeinfo --enable-encoding -I
/home/lilypond/lilypond/Documentation/user -I ./out-www
--output=out-www/INSTALL.html
--css-include=/home/lilypond/lilypond/Documentation/texinfo.css
--html --no-split --no-headers out-www/INSTALL.texi
/home/lilypond/lilypond/Documentation/user/macros.itexi:9:
@include `version.itexi': No such file or directory.
makeinfo: Removing output file `out-www/INSTALL.html' due to
errors; use --force to preserve.
make[1]: *** [out-www/INSTALL.html] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/lilypond/lilypond/Documentation/topdocs'
make: *** [web] Error 2
address@hidden:~/lilypond/Documentation/topdocs$ ls out/
11  72  AUTHORS.texi  e8            NEWS.dep   README.texi
version.texi
22  76  AUTHORS.txt   INSTALL.texi  NEWS.texi  README.txt
41  94  dummy.dep     INSTALL.txt   NEWS.txt   version.itexi
address@hidden:~/lilypond/Documentation/topdocs$ ls out-www
AUTHORS.html  AUTHORS.texi  dummy.dep  INSTALL.texi  version.texi
address@hidden:~/lilypond/Documentation/topdocs$