Re: removing @lsr{} and only using @lsrdir{}

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: removing @lsr{} and only using @lsrdir{}
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 02:38:21 -0700

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:29:54 +0200
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/4/24 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>
> >  The idea of a cross reference is to get me where I want directly.
> > If it is in the vicinity of interesting material, nice (hopefully
> > everything is interesting).  But "it is good for you to wade
> > through unrelated, closely situated material" is nothing that I
> > buy.  If I want to, I'll wade through, one time or other.  But that
> > should stay the reader's choice.
>
> Besides, as Graham pointed out, in the Notation Reference sections, we
> have the ability (and we do use it a lot) to quote specific snippets
> if these are really important.

Also, maintaining cross references to this extent becomes a pain.
Am I being lazy?  Maybe -- but given that GDP has taken
approximately 1000 hours so far and we're only halfway done, I
feel justified in cutting corners.

If somebody *NOT* currently doing another lilypond job wants to
volunteer to add these, I'll consider it.  At a rough guess,
you're looking at a total of 10 hours of work (not including
learning how to contribute to GDP), plus 30 minutes per month to
maintain these references.