percussion definition

From: alistair zaldua
Subject: percussion definition
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 03:20:15 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I was curious to know whether it was possible to set up and define a percussion
clef from scratch. After having looked at drumpitch-init.ly , the manual, and
after a few try-outs, I understand that depending on what style I chose, i.e.
"drums-style", I have to place the instruments on the stave positions given by
drums-style-table: I have no choice in re-co-ordinating say:

(bassdrum                       default #f      -5)

... as LPond only understands bassdrum to exist on stave-position -3.

I would like to redefine the whole set-up but don't quite know how to go about
that; do I merely write in a new set of drum-definitions/stave positions into
the drumpitch-init.ly file using the form given, i.e. underneath the part that
says:
#(map
  (lambda (k-v) ...etc

?

Thanks for any help & sorry if the question is a little naive (!).

alistair

Be a better friend, newshound, and