Re: Action of \unset

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Action of \unset
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:15:36 +0200

Valentin Villenave wrote:

2008/4/29 Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:

For a long time, I had the impression that \set and \unset did
push and pop on a stack (if you know about these computer
science concepts), but apparently I was wrong.

Yes, I remember that several months ago
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-08/msg00445.html
You referred to it as a "very advanced strategy to reset all local
property settings on a particular object, which requires
good knowledge about the data representation used internally in
LilyPond and isn't documented anywhere."

And I thought: "Woooow... I'm never ever gonna try that again" :-)
That's not related to the current issue. What I refered to
at that time was that you can not only unset context property
settings using \unset but also clear all layout object properties
of some layout object, since layout object properties internally
are stored as a context property with the object name as the
property name and a sort of list as the value, which in turn
contains all the object properties.

  /Mats