Build hanging on an error.

From: Andrew Wagner
Subject: Build hanging on an error.
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:36:46 -0500

Hello-

I'm trying to build on os x 10.4.11, and ran into the same problem this fellow did on BSD:

Nikita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I try to build lilypond on freebsd 6.2 amd64 machine. After installing all > required packages and configuring lilypond I tried gmake all and ended up
> with
> the following message.

includable-lexer.cc: In member function 'bool Includable_lexer::close_input()': includable-lexer.cc:106: error: 'yy_current_buffer' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [out/includable-lexer.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

So, configure finds that yy_current_buffer does not exist, yet flex
generates something that uses it.  Can you double check that you are
not using two versions of flex, eg one in /usr and one in /usr/local?

If not, please send your config.h, config.log and lexer.cc.

FWIW, I have added freebsd-64 to GUB and had no such problem building
lilypond.  Can you please verify if this installer works for you

http://lilypond.org/download/binaries/freebsd-64/ lilypond-2.11.28-1.freebsd-64.sh

Greetings,
Jan.

It turned out that the compiler was seeing the right flex binary, but the wrong header. For some reason tweaking my path variable didn't help and I had to clobber the old version in order for my new version (in /opt/local/include/) to be seen:

mv /usr/include/
sudo mv FlexLexer.h FlexLexer.h_bak
sudo ln -s /opt/local/include/FlexLexer.h FlexLexer.h

Hopefully this'll turn up in google searches along with the original call for help.

Thanks!
Drew