Re: Building Lilypond for different platforms

From: Michael David Crawford
Subject: Re: Building Lilypond for different platforms
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 01:12:56 -0700

Is the Mac version built on Linux with GUB?

Apple has patched gcc heavily. While they provide source, not all of it has been integrated with the FSF's version.

I have a MacBook Pro, and would like to be able to compile Lilypond on it. But I've never had much luck using Fink for anything; all I ever get is broken builds - not just for Lilypond, but for everything I try.

How hard do you think it would be for me to set up XCode IDE projects to build it? I'm an experienced Mac programmer.

Michael David Crawford
address@hidden
http://www.geometricvisions.com/ <-- Creative Commons Lilypond Scores