Re: AccidentalSuggestion problem

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: AccidentalSuggestion problem
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 12:51:07 +0300

Hi Greg,

2008/5/8 Greg Swinford:

>  I'm not sure whether this bug has already been reported, but accidental
>  suggestions don't seem to mix well with tied notes. The following example
>  produces a lot of "warning: an outside-staff object should have a direction,
>  defaulting to up" messages and the clef and time signature are above the
>  stave lines. Removing the break moves the clef and time signature back to
>  their normal place, but the final barline moves upwards instead.

I played around a bit with your example and found out that LP behaves
very inconsistently. If I just comment out the \break (and move fis &
g to the next line) I get different results than when I just delete
the \break. This isn't the first time when I've noticed that the
comments and even white spaces affect the results (
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-03/msg00153.html
).

The results also differ if I remove the \score and use just \relative

The .45 produces even more "cool" results. :-)

I'm sorry that I cannot help with the situation, though.

-Risto