Re: lilypond license: GPLv2 or v3?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: lilypond license: GPLv2 or v3?
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:55:09 -0300

2008/5/14 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I think we're v2, with the intent to go to v3, if we ever get round to
>> mailing the relevant people.
>
> The longer you wait, the harder it gets.  Wasn't Lilypond supposed to be
> GNU software?  Licensing under "or later" is not optional for that
> status, but required unless I am mustaken.

I'm sorry; I don't understand this remark. Is this an offer to track
down the contributors, or to remove LilyPond from the GNU project?

FWIW, I already have email permission from almost all the contributors
in early 2005, but someone needs to setup the paper work.  It could be
combined with a copyright assignment to FSF as well.