Re: post-GDP doc team

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: post-GDP doc team
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 23:17:54 +0100

Neil (or anyone else who knows)

Here's my first question. It concerns the 'layer property. I'd assumed all objects were placed in layer 0 by default, and objects which were processed first were overwritten by objects processed later. To check this I tried colouring bar lines white, and indeed found that they overwrote the staff lines unless I set the StaffSymbol layer to 1. So far so good. I placed this example in my local copy of the NR to demonstrate the overwriting:

@lilypond[quote,verbatim,relative=2]
a1 a
\once \override Score.BarLine #'color = #white
a a
@end lilypond

but then found that the staff lines in the NR are not reliably overwritten - sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. I can't see any pattern in this. So far the overwriting is always as expected if I compile this example separately to a pdf. Any ideas? Or are my initial assumptions not correct?

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil Puttock" <address@hidden>