Re: -big-page.html for translated files? PDF for IR?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: -big-page.html for translated files? PDF for IR?
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 23:03:05 +0200

2008/8/11 Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:
> AFAICR, John chose not to have such pages because there was (and still
> isn't) no manual entirely translated in any language (and he refused
> to have a semi French/semi English HTML big page or PDF manual). But
> this is (hopefully) likely to change as translation team move onwards
> and translate the whole LM and NR.

This is not true, the LM is fully translated in Spanish, but I've been
busy with other issues, please wait for a few days.  Although Mats or
somebody else objected on -user that the form of the IR with lots of
repetitions of the same information is not optimal for printing, it
can't hurt adding a PDF, at least for people who prefer this format
over HTML for on-screen reading.  This will bloat up the docball a bit
more, but significantly less than the switch to texi2html :-p

Cheers,
John