Re: Separate git branch for documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Separate git branch for documentation
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:39:45 -0700

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:58:37 -0700
"Patrick McCarty" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > If we start adding a lot of (occasional) contributors, I propose we
> > use the git.or.cz fork mechanism.  People can then publish their
> > changes, and it's easy for the maintainers to pull/cherry-pick
> > thoses.
>
> I believe Graham was just talking about adding myself and Jonathan, if
> I remember correctly.

That's correct.  I don't think this qualifies as "a lot".

If we're really lucky, there /might/ be one or two new doc people
who contribute enough to warrant git access in the next year.  But
if we have half a dozen "doc team" people, all with git access,
it'll be a lot easier to find somebody to push good patches from
non-git contributors.