Re: break-align-symbol?

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: break-align-symbol?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:52:26 -0700

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:17:36PM +0100, Neil Puttock wrote:

> They're both OK; the convert rule's also fine, since it only applies
> changes to files which have a version < 2.11.23.
>
> 'break-align-symbol -> the key which represents a break-alignable
> grob; it's just a symbol with the same name as the grob, e.g.
> KeySignature -> 'key-signature
>
> 'break-align-symbols -> a list containing the keys set in
> 'break-align-symbol, whose order determines how a grob will be aligned
> to the breakable objects.

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your response.  However, I think there still a problem,
because RehearsalMark and BarNumber are the only grobs that use
'break-align-symbols (at least from looking at define-grobs.scm).

Attached is old.ly, which uses 'break-align-symbol to achieve an
interesting effect, but when it is converted to 2.11.55, the result is
seen in new.ly, and the override no longer has any effect.

Thanks,
Patrick