Re: Version level of snippets causes difficulty

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Version level of snippets causes difficulty
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:48:20 +0100

Mats Bengtsson wrote Sunday, August 24, 2008 10:53 PM
Neil Puttock wrote:
2008/8/24 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:

Any suggestions? Could I perhaps change something in Lily to make her think
she is already at the 2.11.57 level?

I don't think so; whenever the version changes, there are several C++
files which get updated.

The only method I can see working is to do a global version change in
lsr/, then edit .gitignore to make sure all these files are ignored
when you're working on the docs.

If you compile LilyPond yourself, just modify the file VERSION at the
top level directory. However, make sure to to commit the change to
GIT by accident.

Thanks, Mats and Neil

Unfortunately using Vista I can't compile LilyPond, but it turns out
not to be so bad after all.  I simply created a new branch and reset it
immediately before Neil's LSR update, then cherrypicked my doc
change into that branch.  The docs then compile fine.

Trevor