Re: make web broken in git

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: make web broken in git
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 02:35:27 +0200

On 18.09.2008, at 02:12, Patrick McCarty wrote:

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Carl D. Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks, John.

I missed those changes.

After running autogen.sh, I ended up with a comment suggesting I install texi2html 1.79. But when I went to get texi2html, the newest version I
found is 1.78.

I found Patrick's script PKGBUILD at
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/texi2html-cvs/texi2html-cvs/ PKGBUILD

but I couldn't make it work.

Can anybody help me get Patrick's script to work?

Hi Carl,

Are you running Arch Linux?  Because this script will only work with
the Arch Linux distribution (using the `makepkg' package).

You can checkout texi2html sources with the following command (all on
one line, of course):

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous:@cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/sources/ texi2html
co -D 20080917 -f texi2html

And then you do the usual configure, make, make install.  AFAIK, Perl
is the only dependency.

HTH,
Patrick
Ah, cool. I was wondering how one got that version.