Re: Lilypond code/feature freeze for 2.12

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Lilypond code/feature freeze for 2.12
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 00:29:25 +0200

On 2008/09/21 02:30 -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 10:56:47 +0200
> "Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > - and possibly mention the fact that we have changed (simplified) the
> > syntax quite a bit?
>
> Again, I had that initially, but removed it due to length
> considerations.  The syntax changes for every new release, and
> it's listed in the NEWS, so I think we're covered.

BTW have you announced improvement of autobeaming code in the release
notes?  If you haven't, IMHO we should add it to the NEWS.

> It might be good to prepare a "STFU newb and read the News" page
> on the wiki, though.  That way you can just paste the link to
> there, instead of wasting time writing paragraphs and paragraphs
> of helpful text for each frequently asked question like you
> normally do.

This is a good idea, unless anybody looks at it, I'll prepare it
"soon" (in the same sense as Valentin explained :-P).

> > Having a paragraph about new translations would be good, but I am in
> > no place to write it. John, you've tracked this better than me, could
> > you write one or two lines about the new website/docs/program
> > translations?
>
> Sounds good.  John, send it to Valentin;

Here it is:

"""
Thanks to Texi2HTML formatting program, HTML documentation has been
prettified with a new style sheet, a table of contents in every page,
more navigation bars and sections splitted in less pages.

In addition to the partial French translation that came with 2.10
release, the documentation has been partially translated in Spanish and
German.
"""

>  Valentin, send it to
> Trevor.  I no longer have the actual release-notes.txt file, so
> make sure you don't lose your copy.

Unless I overlooked it, could somebody send the release notes draft on
this list, please?

Cheers,
John