\bigger and \larger: that's one too many

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: \bigger and \larger: that's one too many
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:42:07 +0200

Greetings,

while we're changing syntax and stuff, maybe this would be a good time
to hunt down syntax duplicates (e.g. PianoStaff and GrandStaff, but
that's another story).

\bigger and \larger are two markup commands that act exactly the same;
which one do we want do keep?

Graham: "\bigger sounds better when opposed to \smaller"

Me: "We already have \teeny \tiny \small \large \huge, so let's keep
\larger iso \bigger".

You guys: "\[bigger|larger] is better because..." (to be completed)

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Valentin