Re: harmonicDots

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: harmonicDots
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 19:53:10 +0100

2008/10/6 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> Why isn't
>  \set HarmonicDots = ##t
> set by default?  IMO we should normally print the dot in
> <c\harmonic>2.   by default -- if somebody wants to suppress this,
> let them use a =##f tweak.

I agree, though \harmonic is really for use with artificial harmonics;
your example should really use \override NoteHead #'style = #'harmonic
(which would naturally show dots).  We could have a predef for this
usage, I suppose.

Attached is a real world example, from Ravel's L'Heure Espagnole,
where you wouldn't really want to stick each note inside a chord
construct.

Regards,
Neil