Re: KeyboardStaff?

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: KeyboardStaff?
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 09:48:56 -0700

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 00:21 -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I agree with Valentin. I think it makes sense to
> just get rid of PianoStaff. Semantically, it's
> redundant; and removing an entire context would
> simplify the learning process for newbies, among
> other things.

Is keeping one extra context definition around such a learning barrier?
PianoStaff could be useful in the future: if I ever get around to fixing
the vertical spacing (ok, let's be more optimistic: when I get around to
fixing the vertical spacing) then PianoStaff could have presets to make,
for example, centred dynamics easier. Basically, I'm in favour of
keeping high-level semantic distinctions around in case they turn out to
be useful.

Joe