Re: music examples too large for PDF

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: music examples too large for PDF
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 11:43:52 -0000

Graham, you wrote Friday, October 31, 2008 3:00 PM

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 02:02:42PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
On 2008/10/30 15:51 +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> rhythms-headword.ly (in section 1.2) is fine for HTML but too wide for
> the PDF.  In other words, we should add some code to reduce the size
> of the snippet for PDF output only.  What is the preferred way to do
> that?

(why the mao do we still have that headword, anyway?  Beethoven's
music is some of the rhythmically most boring stuff ever
invented.  That example inspires us to use beaming and grace
notes, which ignores the vast majority of Rhythms.  It doesn't
even have a bloody rehearsal mark!)

Happy to change it - do you have a suggestion or are you volunteering ;)

Trevor