Re: Overriding nested props using a list, aka less arm twisting for ourF

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Overriding nested props using a list, aka less arm twisting for ourFrench users ; )
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 19:33:30 -0000

Neil Puttock wrote Sunday, November 09, 2008 4:14 PM

We currently have the following syntax for reverting properties,

\revert Grob #'(list of nested props)

which is rather convenient when using bound-details.

Now we've recently had a few complaints about how cumbersome
overriding properties for spanners can be, so I thought it might be a
good idea to make nested overrides a tiny bit easier by also allowing
lists using \override:

\override DynamicTextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "foo"

Is anybody in favour of such a change?

Definitely!  It will make the docs much simpler to write (and understand!)
I'll hold off tackling this bit, which needs to be added to the Spanner section,
for a while in case this change is approved.

Cheers,
Neil