Re: documentation suggestion

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: documentation suggestion
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 22:31:18 -0800

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 02:50:06AM +0000, John Williams wrote:
> I think it would be extremely helpful for people attempting to tweak lilypond,
> if there were examples in the documentation whenever a tweak is mentioned.
> This

That was decided over a year ago.  It takes hundreds of hours of
manpower to update the complete docs.

> Other things examples could clarify is when context is required, or when one
> of
> the tweak commands works better than others.  I like that lilypond tries to
> determine the correct context when it is omitted, but if I see an example for
> RehearsalMark (maybe on 3.1.80

I thought that lilypond always assumes that it's a Voice context.

> But I think it would be the biggest way to help me suck less at
> the former.

Unfortunately you missed the golden opportunity to be trained on
this, since the Grand Documentation Project ended a few months
ago.  It takes anywhere from 2 to 10 hours of training for a new
volunteer to be able to contribute to the docs, depending on the
type of contribution.

If you're serious about helping, please start reading the docs for
contributors to see how to get started.