Re: Lyrics

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Lyrics
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:25:02 +0100

2008/11/24 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:

> Reinhold Kainhofer wrote Monday, November 24, 2008 6:14 PM
>>
>> PS: Note that the comment in the documentation about the setting applying
>> only
>> to the second next syllable ("fas" in this case), is actually no longer
>> true
>> in LilyPond 2.11.x. The setting now applies to the very next lyrics
>> syllable
>> already!
>
> Ah - I missed that change.  I'll fix the docs!
>
> Trevor

This section documents something that seems to be related, has it
changed as well?

%%%vocal.itely

\set associatedVoice = alternative

This command must be one syllable too early, before @q{Ty} in this
case.  In other words, changing the associatedVoice happens one step
later than expected.  This is for technical reasons, and it is not a
bug.

@example
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "lahlah" @{
  \set associatedVoice = alternative % applies to "ran"
  Ty --
  ran --
  no --
  \set associatedVoice = lahlah % applies to "rus"
  sau -- rus Rex
@}
@end example
--