Re: removing tex backend?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: removing tex backend?
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 12:36:26 +0100 (CET)

> There are tons of occurrences of the string "year--year" for a
> variety of years, in all source files. This should only be updated
> whenever the file itself gets updated.

This is *not* correct, according to the info I got from RMS on the
Emacs list.  The safest thing is to update all copyright years in all
files to the year of the release.

> lilypad is the *first thing ever* one sees in Windows when he/she
> doubleclicks the lilypond icon desktop.  It is a tiny utf-8 editor
> that shows an outdated lily example with wrong directions that
> confuse new users.

I've *never* used lilypad.  I know nothing about it.

> I could send you or post here the patch again, but having sent it
> twice I think it is enough.  I write you because I still don't have
> the smallest feedback on this issue.

What do you expect me to do?  Normally, I ignore all Windows issues
since I'm working on GNU/Linux exclusively.

    Werner