Re: Getting help web page

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Getting help web page
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 00:37:23 +0100

On 02.12.2008 (17:01), Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> Mats Bengtsson wrote:
>> A couple of minor comments:
>>
>> - At the main page, I would expect to quickly find my way to a page like
>> your Getting Help, if I looked below the title "Dive into ... the
>> LilyPond" and followed the link to "More about LilyPond".
>>

> I agree. It'd be nice for the "Getting Help" link to be more prominent.

I suggest a "Help" as the rightmost item in the top bar of links. That's
where poeple would be looking for it.

Other than that: good. One comment only: The sentence:

"(And until version 2.12 is released, users of either version 2.10 or 2.11
should use the Learning Manual from version 2.11)."

-- that's confusing enough to require a separate help page... I assume
those users should use the LM even after 2.12 is released, so how about sth
like:

"It is written for the latest stable release candidate (soon to be released
as version 2.12), but the explanation of the general principles of Lilypond
applies to earlier versions as well."

or something like that

Eyolf