Re: Wanting to do a GUI, looking for BNF, which FM should I be looking f

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Wanting to do a GUI, looking for BNF, which FM should I be looking for?
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 12:24:45 -0700

On 12/3/08 6:33 PM, "Danalute" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Willing to download, unroll, and RTFM, just, dont know where to start, a clue
> or two would be appreciated.
>
> Does the LY doc package include a specification for the language?  BNF or
> whatever?
>
> Kinda need something like that to hope of making a GUI for it.

I did some work 4 years ago or so at extracting a BNF spec for the language
from the parser.  It only includes th ebase parser functionality, so all of
the scheme extensions are not part of the description, but you might find it
helpful.

You can find the thread here:

<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.devel/7431>

HTH,