Re: problems with ly:font-load

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: problems with ly:font-load
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 18:34:15 +0100

2008/12/10 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

>> for some reason I can't figure out how to make it work.  Would you
>> have an example file to send me?

>> But this doesn't work (more surprisingly, it doesn't display any
>> message during the compilation??).
>
> What message do you expect?  You get something if you add command line
> option `-V' to lilypond.

I expected to see the messages you added in font-config-scheme.cc :-)

> This is irrelevant.  Fonts added by the two new functions are not
> cached in the cache file.

Neat.

> Let's assume that you have a subdirectory `f', and the font in this
> directory is `pala.ttf'.  Try this (in file `f.ly'):

Oh, I didn't think TTF fonts would work (of course, I should have
guessed that any file recognized by fontconfig could do the trick).

> Hmm, this doesn't work; it's not the right font.  Looking into the log
> file, I see that this font is not called `Palatino' but `Palatino
> Linotype'.  Fixing this, I get the desired result.

Indeed. Actually, I was mixing up the font-family name with the actual
font-name; now it works!

Wooohoo, this will make Lilypond even more exciting!

Thanks a lot,
Valentin