Re: Translation string problem

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Translation string problem
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:54:32 +0100

Le mercredi 10 décembre 2008 à 03:07 -0700, Carl D. Sorensen a écrit :
> Then I imagine the problem must be that sometimes you want "up" and "down"
> to be translated, but not in the autochange snippet.  So perhaps my
> suggestion should just be to change the defined names for autochange staves
> to "upperStaff" and "lowerStaff" so those words could be left out of the PO
> file.

Francisco already explained why this is a bad idea, as this would
probably break sooner or later.

> Or, we could just get the @KEEP LY working properly, which John has promised
> to do.

I've never promised to do exactly this; not gettexting a verbatim
snippet is a different issue from keeping a snippet from being
overwritten by snippet-update, so I added a fragment option 'nogettext'.
Francisco, Jean-Charles, can one of you try it?

Thanks in advance
John