Re: feature req: volta bar numbering options

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: feature req: volta bar numbering options
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:20:41 -0800 (PST)

> From: Dan Eble wrote:
> Please elaborate on unfolded bar numbering.

Dan,

I didn't mean to imply that measures within the volta
section would be numbered more than once. I should have
written:

  'unfold
      count bars as if "volta" were "unfold"; any measures
      counted more than once would be numbered with the
      lowest applicable number.

for example, the 9 visible measures generated from this:

  \repeat volta 3 { c1 | c | c | }
  \alternative {
    { c1 }
    { c1 | c | }
    { c1 | c | c }
  }

would be numbered this way:

  1 2 3
  4
  8 9
  13 14 15

Hope this is clearer. Your idea sounds interesting, but I
can't imagine a practical way of implementing, so I didn't
even think of it.

- Mark