Re: creating dev/gop-web

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: creating dev/gop-web
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:05:48 +0100

Le vendredi 26 décembre 2008 à 17:11 -0800, Graham Percival a écrit :
> That said, my initial thought is that you're right.  The directory
> structure should match the website; that should make it easier to
> figure out what file to modify.

Let's go for this.  I'll hack the makefiles to set this up when I have
sorted up other issues (diatonic transposition and rearranging
buildscripts).

> > Two ways:
> > 1) use ImageMagick/convert to scale images at build time;
>
> Seriously?  I was expecting that we could do {scale=50%} or
> something like that... oh well.

Maybe texi2html already supports this; if not, let's send a feature
request.

> I think (hope?) that
> I've described the problem, our desired output (pdf and html), and
> given enough content to experiment with; I'll leave the rest of
> the technical questions to you guys.

OK, and don't forget suggesting contributions on the graphical design
and layout, which anybody can propose in HTML/CSS; then I can implement
the adopted new design in the Python scripts.

> I think that you (John) have more experience with our html output
> than anybody else (from all your the translation work), so if
> nobody has dissenting opinions, we should do whatever you think is
> best.

Let's keep HTML head and navigation bar formatting in the Python
scripts; if some web designer propose improvments or alternatives, we'll
implement them in these scripts.

Cheers,
John