Re: `programming error' for --disable-optimisation

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: `programming error' for --disable-optimisation
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 15:07:22 -0200

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 7:22 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> If compiled with --disable-optimisation, calling lilypond always emits
>
>  programming error: Parsed object should be dead:
>    static scm_unused_struct* Prob::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
>  continuing, cross fingers
>  programming error: Parsed object should be dead:
>    static scm_unused_struct* Context_def::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
>  continuing, cross fingers
>
> at the very end (this is, after creation of the PDF file).  This is
> apparently harmless but annoying.  Can someone fix this, please?

Can you file a full bugreport?  I always compile without optimization,
but never have seen this message.   At the end of a .ly file, a
garbage collect is executed, and after that there should not be any
objects related to the .ly file (like context definitions and music
objects).  If they are found subsequently, it means somebody held on
to references, possibly leaking memory.