Re: Bug with skipTypesetting and lyrics

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: Bug with skipTypesetting and lyrics
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:42:31 +0100

Hi,

sorry for the delay in replying - the time since Christmas was filled
with work and music. :-)

>> My question is: could tieMelismaBusy be set somewhere else so that
>> this also happens when music is not processed for typesetting? Or is
>> there another way to make skipTypesetting work properly with lyrics?
>> Any hints are appreciated.
>
> You could try setting it in process_music(), but you should run the
> test suite to make sure you are not changing other behaviors.

As I wrote, I think it is already set in process_music(). A second
place where tieMelismaBusy is set is in start_translation_timestep(),
although I'm not sure which of both location is relevant for this bug.
In any case, from my limited understanding of the code it seems that
any function which sets tieMelismaBusy is digged rather deeply into
the calling chain so that there is no easy way to bypass
"higher-level" functions while still getting tieMelismaBusy set
properly. On the other hand, lyrics recognize individual notes even
with skipTypesetting = ##t (although I don't really understand how
this works), so I imagine there should be a way to recognize ties as
well. Any hints where to start?

Max