Re: guile and i10n

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: guile and i10n
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:00:03 +0100

Le 1 janv. 09 à 19:20, Han-Wen Nienhuys a écrit :

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden> wrote:

Huh, the only definition of _i that I find in the sources is
(defmacro-public _i (x) x)
What is the point of that? Shouldn't it expand into the result of a call
to gettext?

The string needs to be marked so it can be extracted form the source
code by other tools.

oops ok.

The following is an ugly hack, but seems to do the job:

(defmacro-public define-music-function (args signature . body)
(if (and (pair? body) (pair? (car body)) (eqv? '_i (caar body)))
   (let ((docstring (gettext (cadar body)))
         (body (cdr body)))

looks good to me.  I am not really sure if we need the gettext call,
though - since we need them for dumping documentation, it will be just
as easy to do gettext when writing .texi.

ok, comitted, also reverted the patch removing (_i ...) to music function
definitions. The output file identifiers.tely is unchanged, so it seems
to be ok.

nicolas