Keep git-update-changelog.py?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Keep git-update-changelog.py?
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 14:31:06 +0100

Do we want to keep buildscripts/git-update-changelog.py?

This script was designed to update Savannah CVS with changes made in
git.or.cz Git repository during the transition between the two revision
systems.  We no longer need this script for this purpose, but with a bit
of hacking we could still use it to generate a ChangeLog for changes
made since 2.10.  However, I don't think a ChangeLog would be really
useful: IMO curious people should install Git, download the Git
repository and browse the Git history, which is much more powerful than
reading a ChangeLog.

In brief, I'm for removing this script from current sources.  Please
complain if you disagree.

Best,
John