Re: Mensural style

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Mensural style
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 20:57:08 -0000

Francisco Vila wrote Monday, December 29, 2008 10:49 AM

2008/12/29 Stefan Waler <address@hidden>:
BTW, the term "accidental style" appears twice in the documentation with a
completely different meaning:
- in 1.1.3, meaning the way how to display and reset accidentals

In the detailed explanation they are named "rules" so I propose to
always call them "accidental rules" and remove the word "styles" from
the whole section.

Hmm.  Unfortunately the function is called set-accidental-style,
so calling them "rules" might be just as confusing.

- in 2.8.3, meaning the graphical appearance of accidentals

If we do the latter, this can be kept as "accidental styles" or be
augmented with "graphic accidental styles".

I think changing the description here to "glyph" might be
better, since the override here already uses "glyph-name...".

So "The style for accidentals and key signatures is ..." would become
"The glyphs used for accidentals and key signatures are ..."

Trevor