Re: Frog mailing list

From: Graham Percival
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 23:33:08 -0800

Discussion isn't on -devel, and won't be on -devel.  That's my
experience with GDP; it takes months for people ot feel
comfortable posting here.
I might even argue that discussion *shouldn't* take place on
-devel, but since I'm leaving in less than 12 hours, this isn't
the time to start it.  :)    (short argument: new contributors
don't feel comfortable posting here, and it's not productive to
force them to do so.)

Carl: either manage it privately (just CCing the relevant people;
some mail clients make it very easy to create your own groups of
emails), or make a mailist on some free provider (IIRC google can
do this for you).  Don't rely on saving archives, and don't rely
on being able to point to previous emails.

In some ways, this is good, since it'll force you to update the CG
whenever there's more questions about development.  Of course,
that only applies after the CG is added to the buildscripts.  And
even then, you'll still be repeating the same info a couple of
times.