Re: Git patch won't apply

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Git patch won't apply
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:29:31 -0700

On 1/10/09 11:24 AM, "John Mandereau" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl D. Sorensen a écrit :
>>> Are "diff --git a/... b/..." lines broken in the patch you actually tried to
>>> apply?  They should not be broken, I guess.
>>
>> No, they're not broken.  It's one line.
>
> Ugh, I'm almost short of ideas; which OS do you use to work with Git?  Could
> a non-Linux system be confused by /dev/null?  Is your Git working tree clean?

I'm working on OS/X, which is supposed to be POSIX-compliant, being based on
BSD unix.

My command line knows about /dev/null:
sorensen2:lilypond-working Carl$ ls -alF /dev/null
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel    3,   2 Jan 10 11:26 /dev/null

My git tree appears to me to be clean:

sorensen2:lilypond-working Carl$ git status
# On branch master
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#    .DS_Store
#    web/
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

Carl