Re: instrument-specific-markup interface

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: instrument-specific-markup interface
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 17:30:28 -0700

On 1/24/09 5:15 PM, "Reinhold Kainhofer" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am Samstag, 24. Januar 2009 23:38:53 schrieb Carl D. Sorensen:
>> Both markup fret diagrams and harp pedal markups share the
>> instrument-specific-markup interface.  The instrument-specific-markup
>> interface contains fret-diagram-details, harp-pedal-details, size, and
>> thickness.
>>
>> Do we need to combine the two interfaces into one
>> instrument-specific-markup-interface?  This seems strained to me.  I would
>> prefer to have a
> [...]
>> so that the two aren't combined.  I think that will be more clear.
>>
>> Is there any reason not to do that?
>
> Funny thing is, you suggested to create one instrument-specific-markup-
> interface:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2008-08/msg00325.html

Yes, but I always reserve the right to change my mind.  I guess that means
I'm in touch with my feminine side. ;)

Having seen how it shakes out in the documentation, it seems wrong to have
an instrument-specific-markup-interface.  I thought it would be nice to have
one additional interface to add to TextScript objects.   Now I think it
would be better to have separate interfaces for each of the
instrument-specific markups.  It makes it more clear which properties apply
to which markups.

Thanks,

Carl