Re: Proposal for resolving Half/Quarter note ambiguity on pure tablature

From: Ricdude
Subject: Re: Proposal for resolving Half/Quarter note ambiguity on pure tablature staves (with partial code mod)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 04:11:37 +0000 (UTC)

> > "flags" on the half notes should be connected to the stems, go to the
> > right, and probably be a little shorter in length...
>
> line weight will be what distinguishes them from isolated eighth-notes?

Yes.

> The reason for left-going flags as well as shape is to give the musician
> multiple clues.  The length of the leftgoing flag should be short, shorter
> than a note heads width should be fine.

Having seen this notation in an old Rush Tab book (still looking for a
reference), it's what I'm used to working with in my own transcriptions.  I've
attempted to document what I'm trying to accomplish as best I can, I'm just
having a hard time figuring out the customization capabilities...

Can someone help me figure out how to add a short straight line to a flag just
for half notes?  I don't mean to beg, but it would make my transcriptions much
more clear, at least to me...